History of Art and Architecture

Guidelines for Conference Travel

Before applying to the HAA department for travel funds, graduate students must exhaust the funding possibilites offered by the Dean's office and campus graduate orgranizations. There are three sources for campus funds:

  1. Arts & Sciences Dean's Office Travel Grant
  2. Graduate and Professional Student Government Travel Grants
  3. Arts & Sciences Graduate Student Organization Travel Grants

Funding may be contingent on the student presenting a paper at conferences, rather than just attending. If a student is just attending a conference, the student may apply to the department for funding, but he or she should be aware that any award they receive will be counted against future applications to the department for foreign research travel. Students are urged to be careful when requesting travel funds and to consider their long-term plans.